Five Steps for a Successful Self-Guide Meditation
Have you ever wondered, “Where do I even start with self-guided meditation?”.
Lucky for you our very own @mindfulmalorie has some steps for that!
Keep reading for a simple, relaxing self-guided meditation.
PS - One tip is to record yourself (or even a friend) slowly reading these prompts and replay it when you’re ready to meditate.
1. As you find a comfortable seated position, begin to bring awareness to your breath, your external environment, and your internal state.
2. Take a moment to pause and lean into whatever is coming up. Whether discomfort or ease, welcome what you’re experiencing — know that you do not have to change your state of being to practice stillness. You can also stop anytime you’d like.
3. In this stillness, when you notice yourself having a thought, label this as “thinking” and return to observing your breath.
4. When you notice a sensation in your body (internal or external), label that as ‘feeling’ and return to observing your breath
5. The whole practice will be noticing, labeling, breathing, and noticing again — this cycle is meditation! You are not meditating wrong, and you are not a ‘bad’ meditator. In this labeling practice, we begin to gently recognize and connect with our cognition and body.
We are gently aiming to approach our meditation experience (thoughts and sensations) with
And there ya go, fam! Isn’t Malorie great?
If you liked that, you’ll be happy to know that Malorie will be joining us at the retreat next year! She is the perfect instructor to lead us all in gentle yoga and HAES informed exercise classes, as well as transformative meditations. Malorie is a huge part of the successful experiences you’ll have on Oahu in February. So head-on over to the website to find out more and get yourself registered today!
You can also sign up anytime for one of Malorie’s yoga classes or guided meditations at the Mindful Counseling Studio. Click here for more info.
Grab my online courses: Communication, Body Image, Intro to Intuitive eating, Emotional regulation, Perfectionism & self love, Mindfulness, Faith crisis support, ED recovery & Self-Care on TiffanyRoe.com (Link in bio).
Check out the Therapy Thoughts™️ Podcast anywhere you get your podcasts (Link in bio).
Hop on the waitlist for my Social Media for therapists and other helping professionals online course!
My Therapy thoughts are for educational purposes only and are not a replacement for a therapeutic relationship or individualized mental health or medical care.
Therapy and tacos for all,