Nothing on this site is intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental illness or condition. While Tiffany Roe has a background in therapy and mental health counseling and is a licensed therapist, nothing on this Site or in any related products, goods, or services is intended to diagnose or treat any medical or mental condition. Nothing on this Site is a substitute for therapy with a licensed professional. Tiffany Roe may offer a variety of potentially beneficial interactions that may extend boundaries through role changes in the professional contracted relationship. This is not a request or solicitation from Tiffany Roe for purchase, endorsement, testimonial, or participation of clients, former clients, or any other persons who may be vulnerable to undue influence. In such situations, Tiffany Roe promotes client autonomy and provides clients with ongoing informed consent of any likely consequences (e.g., financial, legal, personal, therapeutic) of counselor role changes. Most importantly, Tiffany Roe takes reasonable precautions to avoid causing emotional, physical, or social harm to individuals. If unavoidable or unanticipated harm occurs to a client or former client, or an individual significantly involved with a client or former client, Tiffany Roe will immediately demonstrate and document a reasonable attempt to remedy such harm.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY DISCLAIMERS:
• The intention for using social media for counselors is for marketing, education, advocacy, thought leadership, and providing content in a technologically changing field. We want to do this while making clients aware of the risks and benefits of engagement on social media where counselors are present. A therapeutic relationship is a professional relationship and in today's technological climate, a social media presence or following your therapist on social media is not to be confused with a relationship outside of therapy. Ethical, professional, and therapeutic boundaries must be followed and honored.
• A counseling social media page is not psychotherapy, a replacement for a therapeutic relationship, or substitute for mental health and medical care. A social media presence as a counseling professional is not seeking an endorsement, request, or rating from past or current clients. No social media posts should be considered professional advice. The information contained in posts is general information for educational purposes only.
• Past and current clients risk breaching their privacy and confidentiality by following, liking, re-posting, commenting, and engaging on social media platforms with counselors.
• In order to honor professional boundaries, ethical nuances, and not engage in and prevent any potential form of dual-relationship, counselors will not follow or friend past or current clients on social media platforms.
• If there are things from your social media sites that you think would be helpful for your therapist to know, please share those things with your therapist during sessions directly.
• "Direct Messaging" is another risk to your privacy. Remember commenting and messaging between sessions is not a confidential or encouraged means of communication. Please schedule an official therapy session to discuss, explore, and ask any treatment related questions or concerns. Social media is not an appropriate medium for sharing therapeutic concerns, questions, comments, or reaching out in crisis to your counselor. Comments and DM’s are monitored by staff and are not confidential.
• To ensure using technology, chat rooms, and/or social media in a professional manner and maintain appropriate professional boundaries, Tiffany Roe does not engage in any "personal virtual relationships" that blur the professional boundary (dual relationships) by using personal accounts as the connection point for the virtual relationship with current or former clients. We respect the privacy of our current and former clients' presence on social media unless given consent to view such information only during a scheduled session.
• By posting or reposting products or services on this page, it is not an endorsement of any third party or a request for clients to engage, purchase, or participate. We encourage client autonomy in all things!
• Please consult your physician or mental health provider regarding advice or support for your health and wellbeing.
• If you are suicidal, please call your local 24-hour hotline or 911 or emergency services.