1:1 Therapy or Coaching
Get a custom feel deal heal roadmap & be your most badass self
I offer limited 1:1 therapy or coaching. Add your name to the waitlist for your interest (therapy or coaching) and we'll contact you!
Coaching waitlist - I offer mental health coaching in-person & virtually for clientele worldwide.
Note - Please read below to understand the difference between therapy and coaching.
Coaching is not psychotherapy, does not include diagnosis, treatment plan, or medical treatment.
Business coaching is not provided in either of these offers
Coaching vs therapy
Coaching and psychotherapy are entirely different professions and should be treated as such by those who wish to work in either or both capacities.
Coaches must understand that having the education and training of a psychotherapist does not authorize one to engage in work of a psychotherapist.
Those who plan to offer coaching services should possess a clear understanding of how coaching and therapy are different, be able to explain those differences to potential coaching clients, and maintain proper boundaries with those clients to avoid allegations of practicing psychotherapy unlawfully.
- Anyone can be a coach. There is no single governing board, unified requirements, or codes or systems in place to protect clients. There is no education or training requirement. Whereas therapists must have minimum of a masters degree, post grad supervision for multiple years, and renew licensure with proven continuing education.
- Coaching services are defined as a proactive approach to getting some guidance and support for daily living, achieving goals, or support during a life transition.
- Coaches usually try to differentiate from therapists by saying they’re present and future goal focused whereas therapy is past focused. That’s not true. Therapists have no restrictions on addressing your timeline. However, ethically coaches do.
- Coaching should focus on skills, techniques, exercises, strategies, education and application.
Coaching does not equal psychotherapy.
- A licensed therapist can operate in the “coach” capacity. It means they aren’t providing psychotherapy and limit scope of practice to coaching. They can’t flip flop roles with clients.
- Therapists must be licensed in the state where their client lives. There aren’t restrictions for coaches.
- Usually if a therapist is offering coaching, it’s to work with clients out of state, who moved, or they no longer align with the psychotherapy model but want to provide mental health support in another less formal and structured capacity
- Coaching does not follow a medical model. No mental health evaluation or diagnosis will be given. Psychological assessments cannot be interpreted. Formal treatment plans and psychotherapy techniques can’t be used (unethical). Medical clinical & therapeutic services will not be offered in coaching. Insurance cannot be billed. Emotional support animals can’t be prescribed. There is not a client protected relationship in coaching: confidentiality isn’t protected, dual relationships & other ethical standards aren’t set or enforced.
- If a therapist is acting as a coach and there is a high risk issue with a client, therapists risk disciplinary action & losing their license. Licensing boards can advocate for clients. A coach doesn’t have a governing board so there is not a system in place for client safety.
High risk needs and related concerns are not appropriate for coaching level of services
- Meaning if you're dealing with suicidal ideation, self-harm ideation or behaviors, psychosis, active substance abuse, active eating disorder behaviors, you need to see a therapist, or a therapist in addition to coaching.
- If a diagnosis or higher level of care is required, referral should be made to have it assessed and treated by a licensed therapist.
- An ethical coach should refer you to a therapist for mental health conditions that meet a level of severity meeting a diagnosis and that need specialized treatment model (CBT, DBT, EMDR, IFS, SOMATIC EXPERIENCING, etc).
- Coaches cannot practice any form of psychotherapy.
FEEL DEAL HEAL 1:1 COACHING TOPICS
- INNER CHILD WORK
- FAITH TRANSITIONS
- MIND BODY FOOD
- SELF WORTH
- BODY IMAGE
- RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD
- EMOTIONAL REGULATION
- THRIVING AFTER TRAUMA
- BURN OUT
- THRIVING AFTER AN EATING DISORDER
- COPING SKILLS
- INTUITIVE EATING
- CHRONIC PAIN
- SEXUAL IDENTITY
- COMING OUT
- TRAUMA INFORMED
- SKILLS, TOOLS, STRATEGIES, TECHNIQUES TRAINING
- ANTI DIET
- EMOTION FOCUSED
- COGNITIVE RESTRUCTURING
- FEEL DEAL HEAL
- You can always get psychotherapy at my clinic MindfulCounselingUtah.com
If you're looking for business coaching, 1:1 coaching does NOT include my business coaching or business strategy coaching.
For 1:1 mindset & skillset coaching for entrepreneurs click here
Tacos, Therapy, & Coaching for all,
Have questions? Email us and we can help set you up! Hello@TiffanyRoe.com