Queer Trauma 101 Training for counselors
This training provides cultural sensitivity training for working with LGBTQ+ clients and the unique factors when working with queer trauma.
It's a crucial training for beginners, and a great update, with robust information for anyone regardless of the amount of years they're worked with queer clients!
- Queer identities 101
- What is trauma
- What is unique about queer trauma
- Queer trauma research and stats
- Queer trauma along the lifespan
- Stages of coming out
- Assessing queer trauma
- Trauma 101
- Principles of trauma informed care
- Affirmative therapy and best practices
- Establish safety rapport trust
- Identify own homophobia and biases
- Identify when clients has internalized homophobia, shame, anti queer bias
- Therapeutic interventions
- Apply treatment strategies to help clients in each phase of queer trauma treatment
- Practical skills & tools
- Conceptualization & assessment
- Assess psychological trauma of growing up gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning.
- Learn to identify signs and symptoms of queer trauma across the lifespan- Recognize lifespan developmental wounds and trauma from growing up queer
- Explore comorbidities & misdiagnosis
- Learn to assess the extent of a queer client's trauma
- Trauma informed care
- Recognize the specific and most common stages of coming out
- Learn to recognize and describe the principles of trauma informed care for queer clients
- Identify ways to establish safety rapport and trust
- Learn to name and identify your own internalized homophobia & biases
- Identify when a client has internalized homophobia, shame, & anti queer biases
- Treatment Considerations & Interventions
- Gain practical skills for addressing common presenting issues among queer trauma clients - Use specific interventions and assessment tools for LGBTQ clients and gay affirmative therapy.
- Apply treatment strategies to help clients in each phase of LGBTQ+ trauma treatment
- Evaluate therapeutic modalities for their effectiveness in treating queer trauma
- Autogenic training and diaphragmatic breathing
- Boundaries Meditation
- Inner Child Guided Visualization
- Mindfulness of Emotion in the Body Meditation
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Self Care meditation
If you can't find your answer below, don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call us 385-351-9334.
Make sure to check your email for the confirmation email of your order. You received a tracking link where you can check the status of your order! You’ll also receive a notification when it’s shipped and delivered.
Please visit tiffanyroe.com, utilize the CHAT feature at the bottom of your screen which connects you to my fulfillment company, they can tell you your order status & answer any questions because they manage merch from start to finish!
Q. Where is my pre sale item?
A. If you ordered something as a PRE SALE item, that means you purchased it pre-production. So, the creation and shipping of the item happens at a future date. We can’t guarantee delivery or timing as *a lot* of factors influence production, printing, & shipping. But you can get updates through the tracking link in your confirmation email, utilize the chat feature on tiffanyroe.com, the Tiffanyroemerch@befulfilled.net email, & customer service line at 385-351-9334 for updates on estimated product production & shipping.
Q. Who pays for the duty fees and/or taxes on international shipments?
A. Any duty fees and/or taxes that may be due upon receiving a package in a different country other than the USA will be the responsibility of the customer.
Q - Is your clothing sustainably and ethically sourced?
Q - What Size Clothing Do You Offer?
A - We stock t-shirt and sweatshirt sizes S-4XL.
Q - Can I cancel my order?
A - As long as your order has not shipped, we are happy to cancel it for you.
Q - Can I exchange or return an item?
A - You may return any items within 30 days of purchase, as long as they are unused/unworn, and in the original packaging, including a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please go to this link to receive a Return Authorization Number. Include that number in your return and write the item you would like to exchange it for (if you are exchanging). We will do our best to exchange based on inventory availability once the order is received but can not make any guarantee.
All clearance purchases are final sale.
Customers are responsible for all return shipping charges, with the exception of defective or incorrect items.
If you received a defective or incorrect item please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any additional questions or concerns then please contact us at email@example.com
All images, text and information is property of Tiffany Roe.