Eating Disorder Recovery Course
Grab a pen and notepad and let's talk about recovery! This course is for people suffering from eating disorders, people in recovery, people with disordered eating, loved ones concerned for these people who want to learn more, counselors, professionals with eating disorder clients, and future clinicians who want additional information, education, and resources to support recovery from an eating disorder.
Disclaimer: This course is not psychotherapy, medical treatment, or a replacement for the necessary medical, psychological, and nutritional support recommended for recovery. This course is for informational and educational purposes only.
This course is a supplement full of education based on my experience as a licensed clinical mental health counselor, person fully recovered from anorexia, bulimia and orthorexia for over 12 years, psychology teacher, and clinician who works with people every day that successfully recover.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
- 70-minute video lecture and audio version for ease of access.
- Supplemental download of my 30 minute podcast episode on eating disorders is also included for further information.
- 17-page relapse prevention plan compiling various resources, activities, journal prompts, and skills to support recovery and prevent relapse.
- This lecture reviews the powerpoint lecture on eating disorder facts, reviews the relapse prevention plan in detail and provides specific tools, techniques, skills, and support for people in recovery!
- You will learn 10 interventions that lead to recovery
- The powerpoint educational lecture is what I teach my abnormal psychology class on eating disorders including:
Features of eating disorders
Epidemiology of eating disorders
Stigma Causes including review of some genetic and environmental contributors
- Since this is a brief 70 minute lecture, it's not possible to cover ALL aspects, research, and information for families, clinicians and patients. However, I include links and resources in the relapse prevention plan for you to gather further information on your own. Recovery is work, but it is 100% possible!
LET'S TALK ABOUT RECOVERY FROM AN EATING DISORDER
Recovery is individualized and different for each person. However, the outcome is the same. ED (I’d say food/weight/body obsession in general) is a prison that promises misery and an empty promise of satisfaction that isn’t going to be reached; while recovery is freedom and peace. Recovery for me means I’m free from a mental illness that controlled my life - free from behaviors, thoughts, and emotions associated with it.
Early recovery for me (2006) looked like, “Just don’t purge, compensate, or restrict.” It looked like therapy, meds, lots of art, practicing total permission to eat, no dieting, and giving up control and perfection. I had to get educated in order to have the mental power to fight the diet culture and ED lies in my head. I had to differentiate Tiffany from ED, anxiety, body, shame, etc.
RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE!
Today I can say recovery is freedom. It’s liberation and empowerment. IT ROCKS. AND IT'S POSSIBLE. My rock bottom word for my eating disorder is “suffering.” My recovery word that describes life after is “free.”
This course is so important to me because this message saved my life. Because of that, I am called to spread this message. I am called to spread hope. To spread empowerment. To spread liberation. To let individuals know that freedom from ED is possible.
NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRY
- YOU'RE EXPERIENCING DISCONNECTION
You might feel disconnected to your body's signals.
- YOU FEEL STUCK
You're not sure how to get out of this spiral.
- AND YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM THE DIET CULTURE TRAP
You're not sure how to say goodbye to diet culture's toxic ways.
WELL WHAT IF....
- YOU HAD TOOLS TO HELP YOU REGAIN TRUST IN YOUR BODY?
We're talking real skills to help you learn to trust your body's cues again.
- YOU HAD REAL PREVENTION PLANS TO SUPPORT YOU?
Have resources, activities, journal prompts and skills at your fingertips.
- YOU FELT EDUCATED ON THE COMPLEXITIES OF EATING DISORDERS?
No matter if you're on your recovery journey, or wanting to learn more about eating disorders, education banishes stigma. Let's learn together!
I’m Tiffany Roe.
Nice to meet you!
I’m a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, award winning psychology teacher, speaker, and the owner of Mindful Counseling LLC in Orem, Utah. My goal is to help my clients and students have kickass mental health. I’ve focused my career on helping women make peace with mind, body, and food.
I feel called to work with women and to help them find their purpose and self-worth. I believes you can love yourself, your body, and your relationship with food.
I want to change the mental health game. I want to make mental health support and education accessible. I want to break the stigma. I want you to feel empowered to have great mental health so we’re doing it one course at a time!
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Many clients come into therapy after taking the classes wanting to go deeper into their own beliefs, thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Other clients come into therapy and enjoy course material as homework between sessions.
These courses are not an appropriate substitute for therapeutic treatment, a therapeutic relationship, or formal medical or mental health care.
Courses are a general educational tool geared toward general populations seeking information on specific topics (mindfulness, body image, etc.)
Online courses are for educational purposes only. Think, psychology class combined with self-help suggestions. Therapy is a professional relationship with in-depth individualized goals, interventions, feedback, and support.
All sales for online courses are final.
Great question! All you need to do is enter in the recipient's email address and name at point of purchase. They will then receive a confirmation email with the necessary login steps to access their course!
You might want to check out my Intro to Intuitive Eating Course for a deeper dive into healing your relationship with food. Click here to find out more
Truth Bombs From Past Students
"This was an incredible course. I can't thank Tiffany enough for giving me the tools I needed to embark on my recovery journey. I found all of the resources to be SO SO helpful, especially the 17-page relapse plan. Thank you Tiffany! I can't wait to take more courses down the road!"
––EATING DISORDER RECOVERY STUDENT
THIS IS FOR YOU IF...
- YOU'VE ALWAYS STRUGGLED WITH NAVIGATING YOUR RECOVERY JOURNEY
- YOU WANT TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR MENTAL HEALTH JOURNEY
- YOU'RE READY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EATING DISORDERS!
THIS IS FOR YOU IF...
- YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO PUT IN THE WORK
Ready to get started?
My courses are not therapy. My courses are not a replacement for therapy. My courses are for educational purposes only. I am a therapist, but this is not a therapeutic relationship. I recommend working with a mental health professional for a higher level of care if needed.